Wednesday, April 28, 2010

28th Birthday

I was born on my grandfather's birthday, April 25th. My grandfather was born in 1928 and I was born in 1982. Years ago we figured out that every 11 eleven years our age is the reverse of each other. We have been 06 and 60; 17 and 71 and this year we are 28 and 82. A few years ago I decided that I wanted to go to Florida to celebrate this birthday with Papa. For those who know me best, you know I am numbers person so that fact that I turned 28 and Papa was born in 1928 and Papa turned 82 and I was born in 1982 made this birthday an extra reason to celebrate. Every year I would tell him 2 more years, 1 more year and every time he would say I hope I make it. And he did - as I knew he would. Mom and Dad drove down to Florda early in the week and Nicole, Nick and I flew in Saturday morning. We had a great weekend spending time with family, eating (as we always do) and going to the grocery store (we went about 9 times in 2 days to either a grocery or drug store). Sunday night we had a wonderful birthday dinner with steak and shrimp! And a heath bar ice cream cake topped it off! This birthday is one I will never forget and I am glad I was able to share it with my Papa.


Our Birthday Cake

Blowing out the candles



No comments:

Post a Comment